Almond Pancakes (Wheat-Free)
(This is not an actual picture of the recipe below. Rather, it was given to the web designer by Wix.)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
~ 1 egg (or flax egg)
~ 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
~ 1 3/4 cups oat (for a wheat-free option) or whole-wheat pastry flour
~ 1 1/2 cups almond, rice or soymilk
~ 1/4 cup canola oil (or melted coconut oil)
~ 1 tablespoon non-aluminum baking powder
~ 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl, then pour into dry ingredients; combine.
3. Cook on lightly oiled skillet until golden brown. Serve warm with maple syrup or honey.
1. Try substituting 1/2 cup of shredded coconut or 1/4 cup malt-sweetened chocolate chips for almonds.
2. Add lemon zest, the juice of one lemon (add a little less milk) and 1/2 cup poppy seeds for lemon poppy seed pancakes.
Credit: This recipe is from Integrative Nutrition.