Brown Rice and Raisin Pudding
(This is not an actual picture of the recipe below.
Rather, it was given to the web designer by Wix.)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 70 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
~ 2 cups cooked brown rice
~ 1 1/2 cups firm (organic if possible) tofu
~ 2/3 cup raisins
~ 1 cup rice milk or soymilk
~ 1/3 cup maple syrup (unpasteurized if possible)
~ 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
~ 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
~ 1 tablespoon kuzu, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
~2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Purée milk substitute, tofu, maple syrup, spices, dissolved kuzu and vanilla in a food processor.
3. Pour the purée into an oiled 1 1/2 quart baking dish; mix in brown rice and raisins; bake for 1 hour.
4. Remove the pudding from the oven, sprinkle with more cinnamon and bake 10 minutes longer.
5. Serve the pudding warm or at room temperature. Rice pudding becomes firmer as it cools.
1. Use dried cranberries instead of raisins.
2. Add a cup of sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds when you are adding the dried fruit.
3. For individual cups, bake for 70 minutes, remove from oven and immediately scoop into serving cups, then sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon. Allow to cool, or serve warm.
Credit: This recipe is from Integrative Nutrition.