Coconut Date Cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 15-25 cookies
~ 6-7 dried pitted dates
~ 1 cup (organic if possible) rolled oats
~ 2 cups whole-wheat flour
~ 1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
~ 1/2 cup maple syrup (unpasteurized if possible)
~ 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
~ 1/4 tablespoon nutmeg
~ 1/2 cup olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
1. Soak dates in 1 cup of water for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Put all ingredients including dates in the soaking water in a blender. Blend into dough.
4. Form little balls and smash them into cookies. Place them on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Turn them over and bake for 10 more minutes.
Credit: This recipe is from Integrative Nutrition.