(This is not an actual picture of the recipe below.)
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
~ 2 cups canned chickpeas, or 1 cup of dried chickpeas that have been soaked, then cooked in pressure cooker
~ 1-3 cloves garlic
~ 3 tablespoons tahini
~ 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
~ 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
~ 2 tablespoons lemon juice
~ 1/2 cup or more spring water, use chickpea water
1. Place all ingredients in a blender or food mill and purée until creamy. It is easier to do it in several smaller batches.
2. Add more garlic, tahini or lemon juice to taste.
3. Serve with pita bread, crackers or crudités.
~ Use 2 cups canned beans to save time.
1. Use as a spread for healthy sandwiches and add sprouts, lettuce, tomato or any other fresh vegetables.
2. Add fresh parsley to the blender for a lighter flavor.
Credit: This recipe is from Integrative Nutrition.