Orange and Walnut Quinoa
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
~ 1 1/2 cups dry-roasted quinoa
~ 2 navel oranges, zested
~ 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
~ 2 1/2 cups veggie broth
~ 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
~ 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer.
2. Combine broth, oil and quinoa, bring to a boil.
3. Cover and lower heat to low, cooking for 12 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
5. Fluff with a fork and toss in orange zest, parsley and toasted walnuts.
Slice zested oranges and serve them after dinner.
Credit: This recipe is from Integrative Nutrition.