(This is not an actual picture of the recipe below.
Rather, it was given to the web designer by Wix.)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
~ 1 cup rolled oats (or other oat of your choice)
~ 1/4 cup dried fruit (such as blueberries, raisins, cranberries, currants)
~ 1/4 cup flax, chia, or sunflower seeds
1. The night before, place all ingredients in a bowl, then fill about 1/2 inch above oats with water.
3. Place in a cool, dry place overnight.
4. In the morning, warm with a bit of water over the stove or eat at room temperature.
1. In the morning you can heat up a cup of soy or rice milk to serve with oats and/or cut up fresh fruit to mix in.
2. Also try pumpkin seeds or chopped nuts to add variety.
This is a great breakfast to bring along with you on the road. In a plastic container, pre-mix oats with your favorite toppings, add water to soak the oats, and take them with you.
Credit: This recipe is from Integrative Nutrition.