Whitney's Thai Peanut Noodles
(This is not an actual picture of the recipe below.)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
~ 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
~ 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
~ 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce
~ 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or Bragg's Liquid Aminos)
~ 3 tablespoons sesame oil
~3 tablespoons raw honey
~ 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
~ 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
~ 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
~ 2 cloves garlic
~ 2 green onions
~ 1/2 cup frozen, shelled edamame
~ 2 bell peppers, chopped
~ 1/2 cup shredded carrots
~ 1/2 cup bean sprouts (optional)
~ 1 cup green cabbage, chopped
~ 2 green onions, diced
~ 1 bulb garlic, minced
~ vegetable broth, water or oil for sautéing.
~ 1 pound noodles of your choice (soba, linguini, and udon are some favorites)
*salt/pepper to taste
~ 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
~ 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
~ green onion, diced
1. Add all sauce ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth. Taste! Adjust salt/pepper according to your liking.
2. Prepare all veggies.
3. Heat vegetable broth, oil or water in a pan. Add green onions, garlic and a pinch of salt (optional). Let cook for about three minutes.
4. Stir in bell peppers, shredded carrots, bean sprouts, cabbage, edamame and another pinch of salt (optional). Let sauté for another 3-5 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
5. Cook noodles as directed.
6. Add sauce from blender into pan with cooked vegetable. Allow to get warm. Salt/pepper to taste.
7. Combine noodles and vegetable/sauce mixture.
8. Serve, add garnish and enjoy!
This is a great recipe when you want to clean out the fridge. Feel free to add other vegetables!